Complete list of graphics updates and fixes (some of them implemented from Primal):
- Fix for broken normals on all tree trunks and some rocks
- Fix for broken shadows/lighting on insects, birds, and falling leaves
- Fix for incorrect lighting on double-sided materials (foliage, fences, etc.).
- Fix for incorrect lighting on hair shader
- Shadows are more stable with less flickering and with better filtering
- Better quality shadows on grass when using high or very high shadow quality setting
- Improved lighting model which helps bringing out detail in shadowed areas
- More accurate and detailed lighting of the terrain which will now pick up small scale changes in the geometry.
- Fix for the ground haze/dust particles destroying the sun halo.
Some Before and After comparisons
3. This shot shows the higher accuracy of the terrain lighting (the small hill to the right was previously lit incorrectly) as well as the updated lighting model:
5. A comparison that shows how the updated lighting model brings out more surface detail in shadowed areas as seen on the tree trunks:
6. Another comparison that shows how the updated lighting model makes surfaces easier to read in the shadows and helps adding realism: