How is everyone this week? What a difference one week of practice has made to my shooting. I have found a nice reliable anchor point, and I am now just working on getting my bow sighted in properly… nearly ready to go after some animals I think, more on that later!
This weeks video is slightly different, ever wondered how to make your own European skull mount? Here, Dirk “The Bugler’ shows us how! Remember this shows real footage, so if you prefer to keep your fix virtual, DO NOT CLICK Here.
The Holiday Event 2018
As I am sure most of you have seen, our annual Holiday Event is now underway. This year’s event we have 11 missions and 10 competitions, that alternate every other day.
Missions can be completed up until the 21st of December, but like previously mentioned a new one is added to the pack every two days.
If you are a Mission guru, you should like this years missions. They feature characters from older mission packs and have some great little stories to go along with them. Each mission you complete will gift you 20,000 Present$, completing all 11 will give you a total of 220,000 Present$, more about the Present$ Points later!
The Competitions are centered around the same theme as the Mission that came the day before it, but generally much more challenging. Each Competition runs for 48 hours, finishing just as the new one starts!
Prizes for the competitions look like this:
- 1st Place: 300 em$ and a Trophy
- 2nd Place: 200em$ and a Trophy
- 3rd Place: 100em$ and a Trophy
- 4th-10th Place: 50em$ and a Trophy
Completing a competition will also award the hunter 20,000 Present$ points.
The Holiday Event
This year Santa has dropped Presents all over the EHR and if you find them, you can pick them up to collect Present$! The more Present$ you collect, the more in game prizes you are rewarded. This is how the prize pool looks:
- 1st Place:Trophy + 12 mo Membership + Elite Scout Gun
- 2nd Place: Trophy + 6 mo Membership + Elite Scout Gun
- 3rd Place: Trophy + 3 mo Membership + Elite Scout Gun
- 4th – 10th Place: Hunting Tower (Bare Wood) + 700 em$ + Trophy
- 800 000 Present$: Legendary Holiday Gift Bundle + Trophy
- 500 000 Present$: Epic Holiday Gift Bundle + Trophy
- 300 000 Present$: Brilliant Holiday Gift Bundle + Trophy
- 225 000 Present$: Trophy + 50 Camping Supplies
- 150 000 Present$: Trophy + 50 Scent Eliminator
- 75 000 Present$: Trophy
It is worth noting that the Elite Scout, is the ‘Premium’ version of the Scout that everyone has been voting on and different to the variation that will initially be for sale.
If you want the bundles, but collecting Present$ are not your thing:
- The Brilliant Bundle can be purchased and viewed here in the store.
- The Epic Bundle can be purchased and viewed here in the store.
- The Legendary Bundle can be purchased and viewed here in the store.
You can get Present$ by doing the following:
- Participating in any of the competitions with an entry will reward 20 000 Present$.
- Finishing a mission will grant 20 000 Present$.
- Shooting any land animal will reward 250 Present$.
- Shooting any airborne animal will reward 100 Present$.
- Picking up a Green Present collectable will earn 1 – 100 Present$.
- Picking up a Blue Present collectable will earn 5 – 100 Present$.
- Picking up a Red Present collectable will earn 20 – 100 Present$
- Picking up a Purple Present collectable will earn 50 – 100 Present$.
- Picking up a Silver Present collectable will earn 100 – 1 000 Present$.
- Picking up a Golden Present collectable will earn 1 000 Present$.
We have frozen Christmas time (Time will always be 18:00) and decked the halls in Hemmeldal. It has some nice Christmas decorations placed
around the reserve… as well as Rudolph, so keep an eye on those Reindeer noses!
If you are feeling extra Festive, you can purchase yourself a;
There are Daily sales and a Doc’s Shed Extravaganza, where the doors to the shed are open and hand picked items will be purchasable for the whole of December. Just to clarify, sales continue until the 31st of December!
Park Ranger Photo Competition
So, would you like the chance to win this rare Park Ranger variation?
All we want from you, is a nice screen shot of the Park Ranger, posed as if it were in a car advertisement! Post it into our forum, in this thread here.
Photos cannot be altered using any editing software, but feel free to add any text that you think might help to ‘sell it’. Three of these variations can be won, competition closes Monday the 10th of December, 9am CET and the winners will be selected shortly after that.
We had 174 hunters enter the competition for this rifle, but only three can win!
It gives me great pleasure to announce CalHunter, Uhtredson and Gravenslund as the winners! You have until Friday to send me a message in the forum, so I can get you sorted. If a prize is not claimed I will run the random number generator again, so make sure you guys get in touch with me!
As of next Tuesday, I will be on Dad leave for 6 weeks, we are traveling down to New Zealand for Christmas, so all my family can meet our new arrival. I am looking forward to some good quality family time! Hopefully I will manage to get some fishing and hunting in there as well, if I have any luck I will add the pictures to Discord and The Great Outdoors thread in the forums. Until I return, Graham will be the man to go to until I get back.
Closer to Christmas, staff will be taking some days off, however, as per usual, there will always be someone here to keep the ship on course. If you do have any issues, your best bet is still to either send an email to [email protected] or check the forums.
Thanks for a fantastic year everyone, and I wish you and all your family’s the best, whatever this time of the year means to you!
See you next year!
Rare and Trophy of the Week
These Weekly competitions are super popular. The Trophy of the Week gets selected on Monday’s and Rare of the Week gets selected on Wednesday’s.
So, if you have shot a rare or high scoring animal from this week and want a chance to win, then share them in the correct thread on our forum, don’t forget to mention the score! Rares go into this thread and trophy animals into this one. We currently don’t have a competition for Non-Typicals, but they go into this thread.
This Week’s Winners
The ‘Trophy of the Week’ is this HILARIOUS photo of a Lynx! It was shot by ‘Ardillamente’ and scored 10.842! This made me spit my coffee out a little bit on Monday morning, too funny!!
The ‘Rare of the Week’ goes to ‘Trelek1988’ for this Albino Moose, with a score of 157.267, congratulations! A very nice Trophy!
This week Moose and Wild Boar are free to hunt, good luck!
Have a great week all,