Some unusual, weird-looking tracks have been reported in different locations of Whitehart Island and Settler Creeks. We advise all hunters extreme caution while the reserves’ wardens investigate. Stay safe!
To help you hunt Red Deers and European Rabbits in our weekly Community Competition “Lucky Leprechaun” we have set a few items on sale, including Red Deer caller, Red Deer scent, .22 Air Rifle, .270 Bolt Action Rifle and much more!
DOGS – To top that off, we have decided to discout ALL Labrador Retrievers to help you hunters to fetch those elusive rabbits
GASOLINE – For those of you who own a vehicle we are glad to announce that due to the recent cuts in petrol price in the EHR we can now offer you gasoline at a whopping 60% discount!
Sale ends on Monday March the 16th at 13:00 CET
Check it out at: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/sales
To help you hunt foxes in our weekly Community Competition “Foxy Ladies” we have set a few items on sale, including 12 GA Side By Side Shotgun, 7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle, Motion Predator Decoy, Predator “Jackrabbit” Caller and much more. Up to 50% off!
Check it out at: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/sales
Sale ends on Monday March the 9th at 13:00 CET, so hurry up!Share this
To help you hunting hog and boars in our weekly Community Competition “Double Bacon” we have set a few items on sale, including Anschütz Bolt Action Rifle, .45 Long Colt Revolver, Compound Bow “Pulsar”, Hog caller, Hog scent, Hog feeder and much more, up to 50% off!
Check it out at: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/sales
Sale ends on Monday March the 2nd at 13:00 CET, so hurry up!Share this
To help you hunting those pesky turkeys in our week-end Community Competition we have set a few items on sale, including the newly released forest-camo shotgun, turkey callers and decoys and a selection of weapons particularly suitable for turkey hunting!
Check out all the discounted weapons and equipment here: https://thehunter.com/#store/sales
Sale ends on Monday, February 24, 2020 at 12:00pm CET, so hurry up!Share this
This week sale focuses on equipment and weapons that will help you hunting the elusive roe deer, including the roe deer caller and roe deer spray scent, an alpine camo tent and a few classic bows!
Sale ends on Monday 17 February at 13:00 CET, so hurry up!
Check it out: https://thehunter.com/#store/salesShare this
We wouldn’t be here without you, our community. For that reason we want you to be the first to hear our big news, possibly the biggest to come out of Expansive Worlds, ever. Next year we will be releasing our brand-new game, theHunter: Call of the Wild, offering you a visually breathtaking, technically groundbreaking, hunting experience.
What is theHunter: Call of the Wild?
Over the past 7 years, theHunter has grown and evolved at an astonishing rate. It’s been amazing to see the game – not to mention the community around it – thrive. We’ve introduced new species and reserves, weapons, equipment and gadgets. Meanwhile, gameplay, graphics, sound, animation, AI – literally every aspect of the game, has been continuously improved.
A few years ago, we started thinking about what was next for our hunting and outdoor gaming platform. We were – and still are – committed to supporting theHunter like we have in the past, but also wanted to build something new using all the experience and technical expertise that we’ve accumulated over the years. Our new title, theHunter: Call of the Wild, will stay true to the core gameplay of the original game, but will also include new features and challenges.
At release, theHunter: Call of the Wild will be a next-generation hunting experience, bringing rich and vast open worlds to hunters and wildlife enthusiasts around the world to explore. Our objective is to grow it into something even more immersive, engaging and fun over time. We have worked hard to create a unique gameplay experience by adding deep environment immersion, creating a strong connection and interaction with various kinds of wildlife, and offering a wide range of in-game activities motivating players in both single- and multiplayer. Last but not least, we’ve added an extensive tutorial element to make the the game more accessible to those who are new to hunting, offering them a helping hand on their way to bagging that trophy.
Perhaps the single biggest difference between the original game and the new one is the change to the business model. theHunter: Call of the Wild is not going to be a free to play game, but a one-time purchase which will be supported and evolved together with the community for a long time to come.
To give you a glimpse of what awaits, we are inviting you to sign up for a closed Beta session of the new game. You can do that on the official theHunter: Call Of The Wild site, where you will find more information, including some stunning screenshots and news for you to follow the development through to the release of the game in early 2017.
theHunter: Call of the Wild is built on cutting edge technology, in the shape of Avalanche Studios’ brand new Apex engine, and requires a powerful PC to run. This also means higher system requirements when compared to what you are used to with theHunter. You can find all the technical details in the Beta sign-up section.
What does this mean for theHunter as we know it?
Simply put, we have no plans to sunset our most successful game to date. theHunter: Call of the Wild offers a different kind of hunting experience, which we think is complementary to the theHunter experience that we have all grown to love. theHunter is valuable and deeply cherished by all of us. We are committed to the product and community and we hope to see it grow and evolve even further in the future. In fact, the roadmap of 2017 is packed with cool, highly requested features, and we can’t wait to spill the beans and hear what you think!
Having said that, some things will inevitably change. For one, the name. Adding a bright new title to the franchise got us thinking about how to make both games feel different and at the same time a part of one theHunter family. So, we’ve decided to rebrand theHunter into theHunter Classic. We chose that name because of what it signals; a timeless hunting experience. Newer, shinier games and technologies may emerge, but that doesn’t mean theHunter Classic is going out of style, it’s one of those games that you always keep coming back to. You’ll see the Classic brand more and more over the next few months.
Secondly, today we are releasing a new landing page acting as a gateway to both games, dubbed theHunter.com – the Home of Online Hunting Games. You will be able to log in to your theHunter account from there as you are used to, so there will be no additional hassle.
Lastly, theHunter Classic ship will get a new captain. Philipp Strecker, whom you got to know in the last year as our brilliant producer, will now move on to lead the development and live operations of theHunter: Call of the Wild, and his place will be taken by Alena Rybik, who has been our highly regarded Community Manager for the past three years. The two teams are separate, but are looking into various possible synergies that can bring value to both games, and to the franchise as a whole.
We are looking forward to this new adventure together and we are counting on your loyalty and support, both for theHunter Classic and theHunter: Call of the Wild. Thank you for all these years and here’s to many more!
Expansive Worlds team
Currently it is not possible to install the game via the launcher downloaded from the website (www.thehunter.com).
This is an issue we are working on and will fix within the next day.
Players who have the game already installed will not be affected.
The Steam version is not affected and can be played (or reinstalled).
We are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you updated once the fix is available.Share this
- Whitetail Deer and Pheasants are now free to hunt for guests
- Mule Deer will no longer be free to hunt for guests (Effective as of 3rd February 2016)
- 12 GA Single Shot Shotgun is available for free for all guests
- All 12 GA ammo is free for guests
- First two tutorials now feature Whitetail instead of Mule Deer
- Whitetail Missions and Mule Deer missions have changed places, so that in the old Mulie missions you now hunt Whitetails and vice versa
- Updated localization
- Reduced the max distance (150m -> 75m) at which the dog wants to return to the player after been given a “stay here!” command.
- Abort going towards the player if we tell the dog to stay, except when the dog is returning with an animal.
- When exiting the ground blind, the dog will now exit at the position that the dog entered from.
- Dog should now orientate towards a corner when exiting and entering a ground blind.
- Community video tutorials are now visible on the website
- Updating local community websites
- T-posing when using certain weapons is fixed
- If the dog somehow fails to retrieve the animal that animal will be removed as a target for fetching
- When the player is in a tower or ground blind the dog will go towards that item when trying to reach the player
- If you issue a “stay!” command to your dog, the dog will stay still until you walk outside the maximum stay distance or give another command. Previously issuing a “sit!” or “lay down!” command could cause the dog to run to the player.
This announcement contains important information for players running Windows XP and Vista. As it has been announced, our support for these old operating systems will cease on March 3rd, 2016. If you are likely to be affected by this change, we are offering you three options:
- Upgrade to Windows 7 or higher. If you choose to do so, you will receive all your lost membership days back. For Windows Vista users it will be 30 days, for Windows XP users it will be all days from October 7th, 2015 until the day you upgrade. If you choose to do so, please contact our support.
- If by March 2016 you will have more than 1 month of membership time remaining, you can apply to transfer your membership days to a player of your choice. If you choose to do so, please contact our support.
- If by March 2016 you will have more than 1 month of membership time remaining, you can apply for a monetary refund (details on refunds are below, please note that for some payment methods refunds are not possible, in which case you can only choose to transfer your membership time).
Please note that only unused membership days can be refunded or transferred, bought items and / or em$ can not be refunded and / or transferred.
The possibility and processing of refunds depends on the platform and payment method which you used to pay for your membership. The table below shows a detailed breakdown of the most common options. If you can’t find your option in it, please contact the seller through which you bought your theHunter membership and inquire regarding a possible refund with them. Please note we can only honour refunds for payments made directly on our site via our partner Paymentwall, where the selected method of payment supports refunds. Our partners (such as Steam and retail outlets) may have different refund policies and you should always check with them.
- Steam – Possible – Contact Steam support AND theHunter support.
- Retail – Possible – Contact the seller
- theHunter.com (via Paymentwall) – Possible, depends on the payment method, see below – Contact [email protected] AND theHunter support.
Payment methods on Paymentwall
- Credit card – Refundable
- PayPal – Possible, depends on your own conditions with Paypal (apply on PayPal)
- Webmoney – Refundable
- Yandex Money – Possible
- Alipay – Refundable
- PagSeguro – Refundable
- FanaPay – Non-refundable
- Qiwi Wallet – Refundable
- Admeris – Refundable
- Sofort – Refundable
- Directpay – Refundable
- Przelewy24 – Refundable
- Giropay – Refundable
- SanalPara – Refundable
- Transferencia Bancaria – Refundable
- SafetyPay – Refundable
- iDeal – Refundable
- Poli – Non-refundable
- transferuj – Refundable
- MINT – Non-refundable
- Paysafecard – Refundable
- Onecard – Non-refundable
- Neosurf – Non-refundable
- TicketSurf – Non-refundable
- Webmoney Japan – Non-refundable
- Boleto – Refundable
- Openbucks – Refundable
- Evroset – Non-refundable
- Svyasnoi – Non-refundable
- PagoFacil – Non-refundable
- Rapipago – Non-refundable
- Efecty – Non-refundable
- Davivienda – Non-refundable
- Mobiamo – Non-refundable
- Allopass – Non-refundable
- Fortumo – Non-refundable
- Daopay – Non-refundable
You can apply for a refund / membership transfer starting from January 21st, 2016 until June 3rd, 2016. Please note that if you apply for a refund / membership transfer, you will lose all your membership days and it will be irreversible, even if you choose to upgrade at a later point.Share this